This two-day seminar updates experienced environmental attorneys and related professionals and provides general practitioners with a durable framework for understanding the law and counseling clients in this complex, evolving area. Panel topics will include:
- What does “compliance” with water quality standards mean?
- Does the CWA prohibit the release of pollutants from a source when they eventually enter surface waters through groundwater migration?
- Absent CWA regulation, what laws apply to curtail PFAS contamination?
- Is “cooperative federalism” working in the real world? Has anything changed in the relationship between the EPA and the states?
- With their federal consent decrees terminating, what lies in the future for regulating combined sewer systems?
May 2nd-3rd, 2019
Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP Washington, DC
2200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20037