This year’s Colorado State Legislative session was cut short. However, in the period of time Colorado’s Legislature was in session, it passed and evaluated important legislation for Colorado homebuilders. This article highlights relevant legislation for Colorado homebuilders.
1. HB 20-1155
This Bill creates new requirements on new homebuilders to offer renewable energy systems to the buyer of a new home. Specifically, the Bill requires homebuilders to offer each of the following:
- A solar panel system, a solar thermal system, or both;
- Prewiring or pre-plumbing for the above solar systems; and,
- A chase or conduit for future installation of such systems.
The Bill further requires Colorado homebuilders to offer homebuyers one of the following:
- An electric vehicle charging system;
- Prewiring for the future installation for such a system; or,
- A plug-in receptacle in a place accessible to a vehicle parking area.